Friday 10 February 2012

Final Narrative Illustrations

Here I have done 3 Final Narrative Illustrations for James and the Giant Peach. For this, I was inspired by Jan Pienkowski who's style is using Silhouette's to create his work. For my first narrative piece, I chose to use the quote from the book about when the parents of James died by being killed by a rhino. I chose to use a dark red background as it's a symbol of anger, there is death of the main characters parents. The second Narrative piece, I chose to use the quote from the book where James and his Aunties were looking up at the dead tree with the peach growing off of it. I used the oval tool to create a circle then a circle inside and then I filled them with white and then used the feather tool to make it look like the moon behind clouds. I then chose to use a dark green background as it is night time and it was a neutral colour because of it being night time and their happiness as there is finally something growing. For my third final Narrative piece, I chose to use the part of the book where Miss Spider was creating a hammock like bed for James to sleep in made from thread. I chose to use a orange/peachy colour for the background as its the inside of the peach. I also chose to use the pen tool to draw the sides of the peach and then filled it with black as it is at the front of the image.

1 comment: